Joy Nelson founder of GetNaked With Joy:
The other day one of my blog readers asked me what experiences in my life have shaped me into the unique woman I am today. The answer could only be fully expressed through a lengthy memoir.
However, what came to my mind immediately is that I have been shaped by:
- My mama’s unconditional love
- The traumas I have faced and overcome
- My respect for and love of humanity
- The strength and resilience of my spirit
- My ability to rapidly drop into deep connection with myself & others
- The lessons I have learned from my beautiful children
- My acceptance of my sexuality, sensuality, and feminine nature
- The knowledge I have gained through facilitating healing sessions with hundreds of men, women, and couples since 2006
- My online interactions with thousands of people across the globe
I first opened my healing arts practice in 2006 after becoming registered as a Certified Clinical Hypnotherapist. As I began working with clients from all walks of life and from a variety of socio-economic backgrounds, I learned a valuable lesson.
I learned that, regardless of our gender expression, sexual orientation, the color of our skin, the amount of money we have in our bank accounts, or how we financially support ourselves and our families, our core needs as humans are the same.
We all want to to feel love, abundance, happiness, pleasure, peace, and we want to know that our existence matters. Unfortunately, because of modern day stress and the hectic pace of our lives, many of us forget to focus on the power of self love and acceptance. It is this knowledge and the resulting awareness that lead me to the launch of GetNaked.
As far as my background in holistic health, I have studied the following healing modalities:
- Tantra and a variety of sacred sexuality teachings and techniques
- Emotional Freedom Technique (EFT)
- Neuro-linguistic programming (NLP)
- Lomi Lomi, Swedish, Balinese & Thai massage
- Energy healing from a variety of lineages
- Yoga, meditation, and OM (female orgasmic meditation)
Because of a variety of events in my personal world, during 2017 my life as I knew it was forever changed. I was forced to dig deep and transform myself. On New Year’s Day 2018 I began a photographic journey of self discovery and expression.
They say a picture speaks a thousand words. The following are a handful of photos from my growing gallery of images. Most of them are self portraits.
If you would like to see more of my photographic journey, please feel free to follow me on: